Monday, August 14

she is doing this to herself
it will hurt. it will sting
an addiction
this is my fear
this
the reason I run
she keeps reading
an injection of pain
and I know
because I too am reading
yet, it is not the same
it will slowly come upon
sting so bitterly
to be filled and be so empty
simultaneously
with fear
and tears
I know they flow
endlessly flow
I shall run from this
where is there to run to?
And it is complicated
And it is empty
And I don’t want to know
And I don’t want to feel
And it pains me to see
A subjection
So blatant
To eminent pain

cowardice
simple weak self-preservation
on his behalf
it is a lack of concern and
it is hypocrisy and pretending
and the fact, in itself, that the capability for such deep emotion is there
but being so horribly underutilized and misused is the most damaging of all

A warning is not enough
and an addict would know
and an addict would see
and even! an addict
most especially this one
Should feel it
Should know it
Must stop it

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh, you.
addicts know the pain and misery that follow after every high, and the almost insignificant shock that cause them.

but they
don't
stop.