Tuesday, August 29

It is found within the drive and the motivation; the strength and the precision; the focus and the forethought.

When I was seven years old, I used to walk to my ballet lessons every week. I would vary the journey a little every time in order to see new purplish/pink flowers blooming on those little cacti (they would grow and create such beautiful formations along the irregular inclines of the Israeli town) or to venture down new unfamiliar slopes. Yet, still, I always kept to certain favorite corners. As a child, I believed it to be so romantic to find a ‘new’ place, undiscovered territory, and my own secrets. I truly believe that the fundamental human traits of individuals do not change with time. I have not grown past the desires of my youth. In fact, it is at that stage when most inner wishes are developed, I think. It was a significant number of years later that I grew to know myself better. To learn that which is so deeply engrained in us is simply a matter of realization and outlook. I miss certain aspect of myself – I feel as though I have neglected and pushed aside fundamentally critical parts of me.

A mystery, an enigma, a riddle, a game… my thoughts and observations are the precious aspects of my life that are, for the most part, not shared. They remain to be my dearest secrets. It is not as though my sentiments about the unique drops of the rain, the hue of the sky, the thickness of the air, or the body lying next to mine, can be of any interest (nor will any of it/can any of it be fully comprehended by another.)

This is not a conclusion, these are simply words.

No comments: